Day 18, Do Great Things

I had a helper outside taking photos of today's ring. I used the mantra "Do Great Things" because it gives me a boost when I'm feeling lazy and want to take part of the day off to do nothing productive...but to do great things, you have to work hard, and that's what I'll continue to do...there's a nagging motivation to keep me going even when I feel like I need a break.

Yesterday I ended up feeling like I got hit by a bus by the end of the day. I got up at 6:30 to finish a birthday gift for a friend (infinity bracelet, see photo below), took my kiddos to school, got a few things ready to ship, took 200 photos of my jewelry for new listings throughout the day, picked up dog poop, vacuumed the house, made 12 rings and got them all shipped, then picked up my kids from school and realized my back was killing me and I was exhausted from only having slept about 6 hours the previous night.  I was in so much pain that I had to take motrin.

So my lesson from yesterday was that I need to remember to take it easy on myself. It's okay to stop and breathe. Today I accomplished a lot, but I'm not overly exhausted tonight and I'm perfectly satisfied with how hard I worked today and all the great things I did.  I did a lot of work and enjoyed every minute of it. I exercised and enjoyed every minute of that. I made dinner for my kids and enjoyed every minute of that. I watched Moana with my kids and enjoyed every.single.minute of it.

I'm so happy right now I could burst. I know not every day will be this awesomely amazing but I'm going to really soak it all in because I deserve to.  So does everyone. We deserve to be happy.

So that brings me to my ring for today...I believe that doing great things will help lead you to happiness...whether it's as simple as holding the door open for someone or as time consuming as volunteering or working hard for something you feel passionate about.

Hope you all like it! And the adorable little helper I had :) And the infinity bracelet my friend's husband asked me to make her for her birthday :)






Comments