Metal Clay...come on FedEx

The metal clay kit should be here tomorrow.  I'm nervous that I'm going to be horrible at it.

I have been obsessively pouring over youtube videos and I can't wait to get started.  I'm a little sad because I think I'm overestimating how much I can make with one 20 gram pack of clay.  The latest tutorial I watched said only about 5 or 6 charms.  So I want to make at least 3 rings with this pack and maybe one charm.  Ideally I would have liked to make more but with the clay costing $45 before shipping, per 20 gram pack, I don't see me being able to do too much with this stuff.  I'll have to save up.  None of the first things I'm making will even go up for sale on my shop so hopefully I can save a little clay for something small to sell.  With a little profit I'll feel less bad about buying another pack or two of the stuff.

I wish I could just win the lottery.  But don't we all?

On a plus note, a local coffee shop said I can put cards up somewhere in their business.  I'm hoping they'll actually let me display some jewelry too.  It's called JavaJoey and has great coffee.  It's one of the only places I like to go around here to spend some time just relaxing.


    http://www.javajoeydubois.com/

Comments