Happy New Year!

Hello 2012!  I am excited to see what you have to offer!

My shop is still doing well.  Still buzzing with activity compared to just a month ago.  I am feeling more confident about the business as well, which is comforting considering every time I make a sale I feel a little apprehensive about the whole experience.  I can't really explain why I get this feeling, maybe I'm afraid my shop will get to the point where it's almost successful enough for me to quit my job (which is not anywhere near where it is currently) but not stable enough for me to quit, which would mean I'd become a very very busy mom/student/etc.  I think it's just a mixture of a lot of feelings.

For now, I still LOVE every sale.  Every moment where the little notification on my phone says "New Order Place by..." I get this overwhelming feeling of happiness.  Even when a person 'favorites' one of my items is a thrill.

Hopefully 2012 is a good year for the shop.  Since I only opened about 6 months ago, I look forward to seeing what it will look like this time next year.

Jane is asleep currently.  She's taking her afternoon nap and she has been asleep for over 2 hours.  I love long naps.  She wakes up cheerfully (usually) and I get lots done.  Speaking of which, I have to go move the laundry from the washer to the dryer and start a new load.  One more day off of my beautifully long vacation from work, and I hope to spend it relaxing and reading.

Have a Happy New Year Everyone!!!

PS

I went to Joann Fabrics a few days ago after having someone order a charm.  I worked really hard to get it finished so I could ship it out next day (takes about 4 hours total to make each charm) and the chains I usually use with all my necklaces were no longer on the shelf at Joann.  Not only that, but NO sterling items were hung in their usual spots.  I discovered by a rude worker that they were all jumbled in a couple of large crates at the end of the aisle and I was forced to rifle through them for about 15 minutes before giving up and walking out.   Without the chain to add to the charm, I wasn't able to ship the item.

So since that was pretty much the last item I've been buying at Joann Fabrics they have officially lost a customer.  Both because of their rudeness and carelessness with their products but also because they are too unreliable.

Also, Jane is still asleep...she has been napping for over 3 hours!

Comments