School Starting Again

In less than a week, I start my online classes for the spring semester.  I'm only taking two, but along with working full time and taking care of my awesome 16 month old, I'm going to be thrown back into a busy lifestyle.  Not that my lifestyle hasn't been busy, I just enjoy the things I've been doing this past month a little more.  Maybe these classes will be extremely fun and interesting (I truly do hope so) but either way, I will have less time for my jewelry shop until mid-May.  After I complete these two classes I'll only have 4 to go before I have my Master's (just next fall and the Spring of 2013, you know, as long as the world doesn't end on December 21st). 

My shop is still seeing some steady business, which is thrilling!  I feel like I just need to find better ways to advertise my items.  Social media is probably responsible for about 90% of my sales so I hope to start getting more traffic through that route.  As far as adding new items, I've been able to do that more often because of custom orders.  I made a bracelet over the past two nights that I hope will become popular:


I'm actually wearing it right now and was really happy with how it turned out.  I have an order to make 10 of them, which I'll be starting tonight and hope to get done by Tuesday of next week.  I think it'll give me a good idea of how well I do with big orders like this, since this is a first for me.  I also have two of the fingerprint heart charms to make but am waiting on the molds of the fingerprints before I can start those. 

Jane's bedtime is slowly moving up from 8 pm to 7 pm due to a cranky attitude we've been experiencing every night around 6:30.  Though I love my evening time with my beautiful little girl, it isn't pleasant for anyone to experience an hour's worth of crying and the short temperament makes me think she just needs more sleep.  It'll definitely help me with time management for school and jewelry. 

Hopefully I'll be back with good news on how well I work with this fast drying metal clay when I'm trying to use a lot of it! 

Comments