Renewed Motivation

It's not like I lost my motivation for making jewelry...far from it...but all the hicups along the way in the past couple of months have definitely put a wrench in my outlook on the jewelry shop.  I had a great weekend this weekend as far as sales and my kiln is now finally pretending to work on a consistent basis.  I made the following three rings:

The one on the left and the one on the right are both adjustable.  The one on the right will be a new nursing reminder ring for my shop (it'll be easier to get as a gift when people are sort of guessing at the mom's size...this way they can feel more confident that it'll fit regardless-and for mom's that know they'll be losing weight through the year or two that they're breastfeeding). 

The one in the middle is just for me, haha.

The next photo is of the things I made that are still drying (including one of the rings).  Apparently it takes this sterling silver PMC a little longer to dry..I actually found that out the hard way when bubbles appeared in that middle ring.


These all fired just fine in the kiln.  I still need to polish and finish the round discs (they're for earrings) and the flower charm, which is one of two flower charms I need to photograph and add to the shop.  Maybe I'll accomplish all of this tonight?  We'll see!

Either way, the shop is keeping me busy, along with my efforts at entertaining my 18-month-old daughter by taking her around to all the local parks to enjoy this gorgeous early spring weather we're having.  My house is a mess, but oh well--as long as I'm not there to see it, I don't mind as much!

Comments