Thanksgiving

When I opened my Blogspot app to write an entry today, I found this one in the saved 'local drafts' area. I must have never posted it? If so, sorry for the repeat, but enjoy the flashback to last year's Thanksgiving. I must really want to write in this blog on Thanksgiving...probably has something to do with the fact that it's towards the end of NaNoWriMo (which I don't participate in but I really enjoy living vicariously through all the writers).

The Thanksgiving holiday has come to an end and I couldn't be less excited about the upcoming weeks before Christmas. On Saturday, I have a 15 page conference paper due for one of my online courses. My house is a disgusting mess at the moment. I have another 15 pages to write about the 15 books I have read this semester. And due somewhere around the middle of December, a webpage or something else technology related to benefit a local library and a 'final test'.

I still have 6 full days to write my conference paper (and I truly do work better when I procrastinate like this) but I definitely do not look forward to this week, or the rest of today. I got about 5 hours of sleep last night while visiting with family, having long conversations and fun debates, drinking too much wine, going to sleep at 1:45 and waking up by 7 am.

At the moment, I have a baby whose diaper needs changing and a house that definitely needs cleaning before the 5 day workweek I'm SO not looking forward to. They really should give everyone off every Friday the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It would give us all time to do everything and probably result in far fewer stress-induced accidents during the holiday season.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:wapwallopen pa

Comments